EPC - Evolved Packet Core
NybSys offers an Evolved Packet Core (EPC) framework for providing converged voice and data on a 4G Long-Term Evolution (LTE) network.
We offer three different types of EPC which are compact core , tactical core and MNO core systems. Our LTE system supports following components:
- Mobility Management Entity (MME) – manages session states and authenticates and tracks a user across the network.
- Serving Gateway (S-gateway) – routes data packets through the access network.
- Packet Data Node Gateway (PGW) – acts as the interface between the LTE network and other packet data networks; manages quality of service (QoS) and provides deep packet inspection (DPI).
- Policy and Charging Rules Function (PCRF) – supports service data flow detection, policy enforcement and flow-based charging.
Compact and tactical core provides all components from a single emended server either with the eNodeB or a separate box with fibre optic connectivity. However, our MNO core offers completely separate virtualized servers. We also offer IMS inside the compact core to run Voice over LTE (VoLTE) and Video Over LTE (ViLTE) services. We have different confirmation of devices for this function in the network.
- LTE release 14 compliant
- FDD and TDD configurations
- Supported bandwidths: 1.4, 3, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz
- Handle several cells in intra-band or inter-band configurations
- Wideband CQI/PMI reports
- HARQ support
- Timing measurement thru the PRACH
- Closed-loop UE power control
- Frequency based MMSE equalizer
- Highly optimized software turbo decoder
- PAPR reduction support
- Support of other radio heads can be added with an external shared library.
- Positioning Reference Signals (PRS) support
- CSI-RS support
- Multi-cluster PUSCH allocation
- PUCCH 3 and PUCCH channel selection support
- Carrier Aggregation support with cross carrier scheduling (tested with 3 DL channels, supports up to 5 DL channels)
- CoMP testing features (DMRS scrambling identity and QCL parameters can be selected)
- 256QAM DL support for PDSCH and MBMS
- Support of release 11 TDD special subframe configurations 7 and 9
- Implements P-CSCF with built-in I-CSCF, S-CSCF and HSS
- Support of SIP protocol
- Support of MD5, AKAv1 and AKAv2 authentication
- Support of ISIM cards using the XOR, Milenage or TUAK authentication algorithm
- Support of IPSec (ESP/transport, all algorithms)
- Support of voice and video calls between UEs
- Support of voice and video echo test
- Support of call hold
- Support of emergency call
- Support of SMS (GSM 3.40) using SIP MESSAGE and SMS over SG
- IPv4 and IPv6 support
- Support of Rx interface for QoS
- User management via internal database or with Cx interface to use external HSS
- Command line monitor
- Remote API using WebSocket
- User configurable list of service and multicast components
- M2AP protocol support
- Generate one stream per service over the M1 interface (GTP + SYNC protocols)
- Built-in test RTP packet generator
- Remote API using WebSocket